Become a member of NBKA and join us
Benefits of Joining the Norfolk Beekeepers’ Association
The aims of the Norfolk Beekeepers’ Association are to promote and further the craft of beekeeping in Norfolk by providing advice and assistance to beekeepers through an educational and social programme of meetings, talks, shows and demonstrations.
Benefits of joining include:
- Insurance cover against third party public liability and notifiable bee disease losses
- Access to the association library.
- Free loan of the association honey extractor.
- A monthly magazine, Buzzword, with news and views about beekeeping in Norfolk as well as information about future events.
- Automatic affiliation to the British Beekeepers’ Association, which represents beekeeping at a national and international level. The BBKA News magazine provides news and information from across the country.
- Bee Craft, the official journal of the British Beekeepers’ Association, is published monthly and available to members for an optional subscription. Beekeepers’ Quarterly is available under similar terms
- A wide social programme with interesting talks and demonstrations aimed at all levels of experience on the many aspects of beekeeping.
- The opportunity to meet other beekeepers and exchange views and experiences.
- Attendance at the association New Members’ day – exclusively for members in their first year.
Membership of solely the NBKA is also available, and termed “social membership”. It allows attendance at all NBKA events, and is suitable for those with a membership to BBKA through another association, or simply with an interest in beekeeping. A discounted partner membership is available for two beekeepers who share the same address.
The current subscription prices for NBKA membership are as follows:
- Full membership, including membership of the NBKA and BBKA, and BDI insurance for up to 3 colonies: £39
- Social membership, for those who already have BBKA membership, or do not keep bees: £18
- Partner membership, including NBKA, BBKA and BDI membership, for a second beekeeper at the same address as another with BBKA membership, but excluding BBKA News subscription: £32.50